Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Carving and Pumpkin Punching!

WOW, October has certainly flown by, I can't believe Halloween is in 2 days!  I have a quiet moment and thought I better get some posting done!

I have to share a few personal pictures.  My neice, Piper and my daughter Sage have carved pumpkins together now for a few years.  They love each other and unfortunately we don't get to spend a lot of time together even though we only live a city a part.  Life just gets in the way, but times like this make me think we HAVE to make time for the fun family times!!!

This first picture cracks me up, because notice Marley in the lower left hand corner??  He's totally absorbed in what the heck the girls were doing.  He sat like that the whole time they were craving.  Whereas his brother, Murphy really didn't seem to care.


Of course there was lots of messing around before the finished products were done.  You know, pretending to eat the guts of the pumpkins.  Feeding the pumpkin to the dogs etc.
But below is the finished pumpkins.  I really love this picture of Sage and Piper, no clowning, just their beautiful selves!



 And course because this is a blog about papercrafting........here's what we made this month in some of my workshops.  I'm forever forgetting to write down where I found the idea.  But I get most my inspiration from SCS.  And a gal there was kind enough to do a tutorial on how to make the below pumpkin.  Of course its punched out with the 2 3/8 scallop circle punch.  You do that 6 times, score them in the middle and add a little inking around the edges.  Attach 3 of them together, so you have 2 halves.  Using sticky strip on both halves, put a paper clip in the center of one of the halves.  The branches are from the bird punch, you put those on the sticky strip as well.  Cut the bottom scallop off each half, put a penny on top of the sticky strip at the bottom, for weight.  Put the 2 halves together and presto! you have a great name place holder for Thanksgiving!!!


When my club gals saw this, they started going on about all the other great ideas you could do....if you had a buffet, place in front of each of the dishes.  Make them out of the ornament punch for Christmas, make them out of the Scallop Square punch like Christmas presents, etc etc.....they're so smart!

Thanks for stopping by! Email me at robynscherzer@hotmail.com if you have any questions!

3 comments:

  1. The pumpkin carving looks like lots of FUN and those little punch pumpkins are adorable! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I LOVE the way the dog is sitting there watching. I also like the pumpkin place holder. It's such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun pics! Love the pumpkin too! I love decorations that look awesome without too much work and this is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You've made my day! God Bless You!