Friday, March 16, 2018

Stampin' Up! Waterfront

In my March clubs we used the heck out of the Waterfront stamp set from the Occasions Catalog.  We practiced the popular "watercolor painting" with this stamp set.  If you like abstract art this is for you! I was inspired by a picture I took on my first earned incentive trip, an Alaskan Cruise.  I pulled out all the stops!
 
I made sure my watercolor paper was wet, not sopping but wet enough that when I stamped on it the ink spread.  I started with my "mountains" using the small mountain stamp.  I stamped in Night of Navy first.  Stamping the small mountain horizontal and each time I stamped it again, I angled the stamp up. You'll have blank spots that you just stamp over with the mountain in Night of Navy.  And because my mountains in my picture are almost black, I stamped over the Night of Navy a few times in Memento Black ink.  And blended the colors with my aqua painter.
Whenever I stamped I made sure my paper was wet.  If it wasn't I noticed it didn't blend quite as nice.
I stamped the mountain in the background in Wisteria Wonder.  My glacier was Pacific Point (I did stamp off so my color wasn't so intense) with White Craft Ink stamped on top.  When you start the process, you will say UGLY, but just keep working and you'll soon have a beautiful water color picture!  It was fun just playing and using the picture as a template.

And then we made a totally different card using the same stamp set.  Who can't use a quick easy masculine card??
All supplies used are listed below.  Now go stamp yourself a masterpiece!~

Product List

Thanks for stopping by! Email me at robynscherzer@hotmail.com if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You've made my day! God Bless You!